This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

xp

Sep 12, 2007 at 7:15 PM
There appears something not working under xp. I tried to run the demo app in xp (sp2). Everything seems to work, except the TaskDialog page. When opened, the app crashes. I don't think it is because of the TaskDialog itself cause the crash happens while opening the demo page, not while showing the dialog. Maybe it is the AutoGrid?
Sep 16, 2007 at 8:07 AM
Can you get a stack trace?
Sep 16, 2007 at 6:19 PM
I have the same problem running the demo under Vista. I suspect there is an issue with the demo when you don't have .NET 3.5 installed. The problem occurs as soon as I click on the TaskDialog item in the list. When I ask to Debug the program, here is the message I see in the CLR debugger:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException' occurred in PresentationFramework.dll

Additional information: Cannot create instance of 'TaskDialogs' defined in assembly 'AvalonLibraryTest, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Error in markup file 'AvalonLibraryTest;component/Pages/TaskDialogs.xaml'.

I can't give you any more information than that since I'm running the binary, not the solution (I don't have VS 2008 installed). The call stack simply says external code.

Hope that helps,
-- John
Sep 17, 2007 at 8:21 AM
Hi,

I have found the bug. One of the Bindings had ValidatesOnExceptions=True, which is available only in .NET 3.0 SP1 (automatically installed with .NET 3.5). I've changed the Binding to use the ExceptionValidationRule instead. I'll upload a fixed release soon.

Thanks for finding this!

Aelij.