Lambda expressions in code

Sep 13, 2007 at 10:40 AM
Edited Sep 13, 2007 at 10:46 AM
Hi there. It states on the home page that the library was compiled using C# 3.0, but not used the 3.5 libraries.
You state that the reason for doing this is so that people can start using the controls immediately in their code. However, this is only true if the code is compiled using .Net 3.5, which is of course still in beta. Was this really your intention, or did you mean to keep the code .Net 3.0 complient so that people doing WPF development in VS2005 could use the library. I notice that you haven't made great use of C#3.0, only using some lambda expressions. These could easily be converted into anonymous methods to make the code .Net 3.0 complient, and therefore availble to a greater number of users. Keep up the good work however. Steve
Coordinator
Sep 16, 2007 at 6:48 AM
Hi Steve,

I've used lambda expressions as well as object initializers. I find them very useful.

Since the project is being compiled using VS 2008, this does not really matter, since you have C# 3.0 anyway. The library itself (i.e. the compiled assembly) is compatible with .NET 3.0, and will run without .NET 3.5 installed.

Aelij.
Sep 16, 2007 at 5:05 PM
You can use the compiled binaries with VS 2005, which is what I'm doing. The C# 3.0 code that Aelij is using compiles into IL code that runs on top of .NET 3.0, so you don't need .NET 3.5 to run them. In fact, I don't have either VS 2008 or .NET 3.5 installed on my computer and the DLL works just fine in my VS 2005 WPF project.

The only complaint I had was that Aelij used .RAR compression rather than ZIP.